Thursday, February 7, 2008

Project Proposal

Since my topic is addiction with online gaming (specifically world of warcraft), I'm going to provide background information on the point of the game. Many people do not know about online gaming and the costs of it, both financially and socially. My first supporting point will have to do with the amount of income Blizzard (The company who makes world of warcraft) makes. Not only do they make money on monthly fees, but also on character transfers, name changes ect. My second supporting point will have to do with the rehabilitation centers for people quitting the game. This point will prove that the nature of the game is addicting. My third point will have to do with aspects of the game that make you continue to play it, like its never ending content and expansions that are added. All of these points will help me construct a good argument with factual reasons that will prove online games are addicting.

3 comments:

~*Camille*~ said...

This sounds so interesting since I had no idea there was rehabilitation for online games. I like the topic choice and so far, all your research goes really well with it. The only thing I guess that I would say is for your supporting points, after you argue that World of Warcraft is addicting, maybe give a solution to it..even just posting some places to go for help but otherwise, really cool topic I think

Andrea Stemaly said...

What about the counterarugments and history on online gaming?

428thMP said...

Wow, don't people get addicted to playstation and xbox to? thats a cool topic, y do they get addicted, whats the content in the games that hooks people, I didn't kno there were real rehibilitation centers for that, good work, I'm glad your not addicted, c ya lata